I’ve decided to share random thoughts, things that make me happy, and other musings on Fridays as a weekly wrap up and place to share photos captured from the week. Appropriately, I have also included my favorite granola recipe after finishing the book, ‘Wild.’ It is four ingredients and my go-to recipe. I make it every week or two and keep it in a glass canister on the counter for a quick go-to breakfast with greek yogurt.
1. Forest Park has to be my favorite place in St Louis. Did you know it’s bigger than Central Park? There is no greater summer luxury than finding a tree and reading a book.
2. I mailed chocolate chunk cookies this week, in a Sperry shoebox to a former colleague in DC. Nothing makes me happier and I found a cute UPS store where the employees no longer ask what’s inside the box.
3. The fortune cookie from my PF Chang’s take-out during my last week in Indy. I would love to someday write a book and it was the perfect pick-me-up for the next chapter in my life.
4. Just finished ‘Wild’ by Cheryl Strayed. So good! I am now reading another one of her books, ‘Tiny Beautiful Things,’ and love it so far. Everyone will get something out of her inspirational, straightforward advice.
5. Picnic dinners are my favorite. This week I made couscous, sirloin roast in the crockpot, salad, berries in mason jars, and a little chocolate.
6. New favorite magazine, Garden and Gun, found at Fresh Market. Great southern recipes and I can’t wait to experiment after each issue.
7. The fun duck umbrella I found at Silver in the City in Indy. Made my week.
8. Our basil plant. I throw the leaves in omelets, tomato mozzarella salads, pesto….endless possibilities.
Peanut Butter Granola
Recipe via Alicia Silverstone’s The Kind Life
• 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
• 2 tablespoons Honey
• 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
• 1 cup Oats
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Stir.
3. Stir cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture.
4. Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture.
5. Spread out oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 7 – 8 minutes until granola is slightly browned.
6. Let cool until granola is crunchy