This week we had three zucchinis in our Green Bean bin and after two nights of roasted zucchini, I decided I would make bread. I went with a gluten free recipe and I was pleasantly surprised with how well it turned out. It was also my first experience with Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour. My mom bought me a bag at Williams-Sonoma, but some grocery stores now carry it. It’s a little pricey at $20 a bag, but a little goes a long way. Also, feel free to use regular all purpose flour in place of the gluten free – it will be just as delicious.
The bread is moist with a crispy outer edge and not too sweet. It is the perfect mid-afternoon treat with a cup of tea. Today was also the first time I have ever gotten my fancy schmancy kitchenaid food processor to work. I have my strong handy man to thank – I can never get it closed tight enough. It was a kitchen miracle.
Mini chocolate chips or walnuts would also be great mixed in. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Bread
Recipe inspiration by A Little Insanity
- 1½ cups of Cup 4 Cup
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1cup grated Zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry mix ingredients & set-aside.
- Add the eggs into the bowl of your Stand Mixer with the paddle attachment and beat on Medium-High until they are light – approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in sugar and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the oil slowly and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add vanilla & grated zucchini and beat until just combined.
- Add the dry flour mixture to your wet mixture & beat until combined.
- Pour into your loaf pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes